Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Herend…a Leaner Sleeker Look

I hope you all good holidays. Whewwwww…I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t need to eat anything that couldn’t fit on the end of a toothpick—and just one of those :). I am joining Susan At Between Naps on the Porch with the tablescape I first told you about here using my daughter’s new Herend china.

CIMG0725

This was our Sunshine’s first time to host a family gathering or use her new china since her wedding in June. She asked for a little help setting her first formal table. Like a good mother, I agreed to help. (read: I have been dying to get my hands on this and jumped at the chance :)! The result was a symphony of gold and silver, crystal and linen!

CIMG0718

The dinner plate is Gwendolyn by Herend. She loves the slightly scalloped edges and the fourteen karat gold accents. The salad plate is Chinese Bouquet in green also by Herend. The green is actually a deeper, truer green in person. It also comes in blue and I was rooting for that….alas, it is not my china :).

CIMG0715

She had to have a little help with a few things. The silver is Burgundy by Reed and Barton. Although, this is her chosen pattern, most of it is mine. She will be getting a little here and there on special occasions for quite some time. The Battenburg placemats are mine also, but the beautiful linen hemstitch napkins were a wedding gift from one of her friends. I loved them so much I inquired where they came from. You can find them here—great prices. I think I need some too. You have seen the napkin rings—mine, for a dollar each at Old Time Pottery.

CIMG0719

The younger generation seems to like a little less fuss—a leaner, sleeker look. (I think partly because they don’t have as much “stuff” as we do :). We used an inexpensive clear square vase with Kroger flowers. I love my Kroger florist! She knows me from the half price bin, but is always willing to save or special order something for me. We thought the white roses and green hydrangeas would be perfect with the china. I used clear marbles and the hydrangea leaves to hide the stems. The candlesticks and water goblets are Lismore by Waterford and also wedding gifts.

CIMG0720

Another folding table was needed for guests. Here we used a tablecloth and gold chargers. I love to use my mint juleps as flower containers for smaller tables. Alone or in a group they still make an impact. We had so much fun with our first mother/daughter playdate with dishes!

2010_Happy_New_Year_sm

I want to take just a minute to wish you all a new year filled with far more joy and love than you can imagine….that is exactly what you have brought me this year. My one year blogaversary is coming up and I couldn’t have ever dreamed or imagined how much my first year with you would mean….thank you.

Click on the Tablescape Thursday button on the sidebar for a quick cab ride back to Susan’s on Thursday!

34 comments:

  1. Your table is beautiful. Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tablescape is just so pretty Susan! You & your daughter did a fabulous job. I love her china and the silver, both really beautiful patterns. Your centerpiece is inventive and perfect for the table. Wow...what a great job. I hope your daughter enjoyed all the fun!

    I wish you & yours a wonderful, happy and healthy New Year and believe me, I feel the same way about all of the special people I have met this past year and how much joy connecting has brought me!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china!!! The table looks so sleek and streamlined! Love it! I wish you and your family a very happy & healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the centerpieces...so elegant and simple...perfect. The china is gorgeous. Your tablescape turned out fabulous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that china but the centerpiece is what grabbed me. I enlarged it and got out my magnifying glass. LOL It is so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is really pretty. I especially like the placemats. SO beautiful. Have a really great New Year and lots of love and luck in 2010. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Every bit of it. Love the china pattern and the silverware is gorgeous. Together you both make a beautiful table. I enjoyed seeing the great photos. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to be passing on the tablescaping gene!
    I can tell you had a lot of fun with this & I'm sure your daughter did too.
    Happy New Year from Normandy
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to do a tablescape together. It is beautiful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tablescape and memories you and your daughter have created. I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! What a lucky young bride to have these beautiful Herend dishes with which to set her tables. I've admired the Gwendolyn plate since my goddaughter also selected this pattern last year when she married. So elegant and the perfect background on which to add a wide selection of beautiful salad plates. The Chinese Bouquet is lovely!
    Thank you for sharing the fun you two had designing this family celebration table. Happy New Year! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan - What a beautiful table you and your daughter have created. She has a great teacher!
    I really like the flatware, and the clean lines of the tablescape. I hope to get back to doing place settings again - I just need to get some of this "clutter" off of the table.
    Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Had to run around in the rain today :(. I am so ready for warmer temps and sunshine.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. The table looks wonderful! What fabulous china! Love the hydrangea..can't wait till we have them again, in oh, 7 months, with a long cold winter in between!
    Happy 2010 to you.. good health and good times!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So elegant Susan! The hydrangeas and the china are beautiful. --Delores

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan,

    The Christmas table, your daughter set, looked wonderful. What a lovely Family time you must have had.
    May you and your family have a wonderful New Year, with much love, good health and blessings.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colors and a very pretty table!

    Happy New Year!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Susan! What a gorgeous and elegant table! Your daughter is so lucky having all these first class tableware for gifts. Everything is so pretty, love the plates and silverware. How fun that you got to work together on it and you both did an excellent job. BTW, I did not upload a video, afraid nobody would visit my blog again if they heard our singing, lol. Happy New Year!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I do love the Herend. The hygrangeas are so elegant. What fun for a mother and daughter to tablescape together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice of you to help her, Susan! You've taught her well, too. The Gwendolyn plates are simply beautiful. So elegant and the perfect setting for any number of beautiful salad plates. The Chinese Bouquet is certainly one of them! I had not seen that before.

    The lime green & white flowers remind me of how Ina Garten sets all her tables. Wish I had your Kroger flower lady! Beautifully done, top to bottom.

    Happy 2010 & please tell your DD I hope we get to see more tablescapes from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How lovely for you to enjoy passing family tradditions on to the next generation with beautiful table settings. Happy New Years to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I continue to be amazed at the beautiful tablescapes I see. This is so simple but simply lovely and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How special to create such a beautiful tablescape with your daughter at this special time of year! With the combination of pieces and efforts, both tables are gorgeous! Love her china! I especially like the three julep cups with flowers on the secondary table - love trio's of anything as a centerpiece!
    Happy 2010!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful -- I'm sure this was wonderful mother daughter bonding too! Beautiful china and what a lovely combined effort. Wishing you a Wonderful New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just Simply Elegant! I love the time you and your daughter spent doing this Tablescape! I also took a look at your hard candy! Love it! The kids are too cute and I love the cupcake you did that looks like a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am salivating over this table and dinner hasn't even been served! Where do I begin? First, I love Herend china. That is exquisite. I love fine china and the rest just doesn't compare to it. Love the pattern and yes, I might have liked to see the blue too. What I love most is all of the classic lines-the table, the candleholders, the sleekness, love it all.

    And what a gift you gave to her-can you imagine how wonderful it would be to have the pleasure of dining on beautiful tablescapes from the time you were married? That is a gift in itself.

    Love your flatware (and hers). I think you did a beautiful job on this tablescape. I like the use of the battenbury placemats-it looks fresh and updated here. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your daughter's table is lovely with your wonderful and thoughtful additions. Love that china!

    Happy New Year!

    Christi @ A Southern Life

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely table. I ♥ the salad plates.
    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What gorgeous china! Love the green feathered inner band...how graceful and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Susan, the tables look beautiful! I bet she had no idea her china,etc. could make such a beautiful tablescape before you got hold of it! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Exquisite! Love the bold,sophisticated lines of the candlesticks. But, looking at waterford.com, it looks like they are another pattern!? Looks like they are Marquis instead of Lismore!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. oopss!! The candlesticks--they are in the "Marquis" line by Waterford!!!!! But the pattern is "Treviso".

    ReplyDelete
  32. Diese Ringe werden auch als Quadrat Smaragdschliff thomas sabo charm oder Kissen schneiden bekannt. Und das stilvolle Merkmal dieser Schnitt ist die quadratische Form mit thomas sabo charm club anhänger Ecken schneiden wie ein Achteck. Aber vor dem Kauf Asscher Diamanten Ring müssen Sie berücksichtigen, dass der Diamant sollte angebote thomas sabo anhänger der höheren Farbe und Klarheit zu halten, weil der Schliff des Diamanten bedeutet, dass alle thomas sabo charm Mängel, die sichtbar sind, können auch gut sichtbar auf dem bloßen Auge. Daher Asscher Diamanten kann teuer im Vergleich zu sabo charms anderen Diamanten von der gleichen Karat.

    ReplyDelete
  33. fatty liver disease symptoms alcohol fatty liver disease symptoms alcohol fatty liver disease symptoms alcohol

    My page how do you get fatty liver disease

    ReplyDelete