I won this beauty from Susan at Between Naps on the Porch during her fabulous blogaversary week. The colors in this gorgeous Colonial candle are just right for sunshine and warmer weather. You will certainly see this in an upcoming tablescape. Thank you again Susan for allowing us to share in your blog birthday!
I have several of these hiding in my house right now. I am working feverishly on an upcoming silent auction that I am co-chairing. The dummies ( I mean mannequins :) will be used to display items for the auction. But, it’s the perfect way to show you the gorgeous scarf Sarah at The Pumpkin Patch made for me! You can visit Sarah here. You’ll find all kinds of ideas with a strong dose of humor and love!
It’s almost as if Sarah knew me personally. Blue is my very favorite color. It’s ruffled, but not frilly. In short, it’s ME and I love it! Not only did I win this scarf, Sarah put the first item in my hope chest. You think I’m too old for a hope chest???…..depends on what you’re hoping for :)
Look at this gorgeous baby blanket! I am hoping one day this will belong to my first grandchild. It’s never to early to be prepared.
Look at this delicate and intricate work….I can just picture a sweet little one in it! Sarah has an etsy shop you can visit here. According to Sarah, “If you need a scarf or blanket, she knows the girl to do it!”. She also has precious hooded towels and handmade caps! I also received another surprise today!
Kim over at Savvy Southern Style awarded me with this. Having launched her blog just a month ago, Kim is a new kid on the block! If you have not visited her, go over and welcome her to Blogland! You can find her here. Kim asked me to tell you seven things you might not know about me….I think you know everything….much more than you want to know….but, in the spirit of the award, here goes…
1. I taught high school English early in our marriage and continue to substitute teach.
2. I would give anything to be able to sing or dance and can do neither well….but it doesn’t stop me :)
3. I love to read…. many many things, but true crime is my dirty little secret.
4. The beach is my favorite place on earth…with a book :)
5. If I can pick only one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it is crab.
6. I will have to add dessert to the crab. I must have dessert.
7. Some people think I’m short. I think the rest of you are tall :)
Thanks Kim! I am linking to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday. I did transform that naked mannequin :) Thanks, Susan, for your continued inspiration and hospitality! Click on the butterfly on my sidebar for instant transportation to “The Porch”!