Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Luncheon

Thank you to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting this fun party every Thursday. I am so excited to invite you in for my luncheon today. We’ve been building towards it all week! On Monday I showed how I was making part of the centerpiece here. On Tuesday I showed you my decorations in the dining room. On Wednesday…I set the table!!

CIMG0914

Tomorrow I am having a luncheon for nine friends. I saw a similar tablescape in early October in my Christmas with Southern Living and I’ve been plotting ever since. This will be a casual soup and salad for a dear group of friends.

CIMG0900

I found these oversized mugs for soup at Kroger for $1.25 each. They match well with the Christmas china and carry out the red and green theme. It is supposed to be bitterly cold here tomorrow---just right for a big mug of soup!

CIMG0906

I am using red chargers and my Christmas Tree china by Cuthbertson. I collected this as a young bride. I pull this out the minute I put away the Thanksgiving china and we use every day all season long. It is casual enough for just us and can be dressed up for more formal dinners! The glasses are by Spode. These two patterns are so similar. They mix well. The napkins are more of those 99 cent bandanas from Hobby Lobby. I found the napkin rings at Old Time Pottery this year for 99 cents also!

CIMG0908

Salt and Pepper shakers tied up like candy!

CIMG0903

Here is one of the moss ball projects I showed you on Monday—set in a martini glass and tied with red and green satin ribbon. That’s a dog gate in the background—I’d retake the picture, but I am busy cooking!

CIMG0915

Here is the centerpiece idea from Monday also. I added the red carnations from Kroger to the moss balls and Gibson cup and saucer.

CIMG0901

Each person will get this favor. Really Rainey at The Project Table showed us here how to make bath salts. I made a batch of red and a plain batch. These happen to be votive containers a friend gave me. She owns a candle business and passed them along to me. You could do this in a small jar for the same effect. Of course, everything has to be tied up with a ribbon…It’s Christmas :) Here is tomorrow’s menu:

Hot Cider and Cheese Straws

Baby Blue Salad

Crab and Corn Bisque

Wild Rice and Chicken Cream Soup

Herbed Muffins

Susan’s Cranberry Trifle

Red Velvet Cookies

The trifle recipe is from the “Between Naps on the Porch” Susan and you can find it here. I will be linking to Michael at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday with some recipes. I hope you will come back. Thanks for sharing this with…I’ve had S0 much fun doing it! Click on the TT button on the sidebar to see more festive tables at Susan’s!

41 comments:

  1. OMGoodness...this is just BREATHTAKING ! You have done a magnificent job on this beautiful table. If your food is half as good as this table, you are going to be the talk of your town.
    I love every single thing about it....just stunning and so so festive and Christmasy!
    WELL DONE!!
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tablescape! Oh how I wish I could come to the luncheon ~ it looks yummy and the menu sounds yummy! Love those moss balls and the candy striping theme you have going on here! Those Cuthberson plates are a fav of mine, too!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky guests to share such a pretty table at your home and the delicious menu too.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a festive and fun table. Soup and Salad sound wonderful. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, The ladies you are having over are in for the treat of their Christmas season! What a fabulous table- full of wonderful and creative elements and tons of Christmas personality! It just makes me happy looking at it! Beautifully done. ( Sorry, I'm gushing!)

    I love your menu- soup is perfect for this get together. And all the other great sides- yummy! I hope you will post some of the recipes ( like the baby blue salad).
    I know you will have a wonderful time with your friends. Thank you for sharing...now I believe my invitation has been lost in the mail!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table setting!! Your guests should be honored to sit there and have lunch. I love meals of soup and salad, casserole and salad, etc., and a thin, crisp tasty bread. Have a wonderful luncheon!
    If you get a chance drop by - having a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out so well...it is great to see the finished table. Your menu sounds delicious, I envy your friends. Have fun!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes me joyful to just see such a fun Christmas-y table! What blessed friends to share fellowship and a delicious lunch with you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan ~
    I just saw those oversized mugs at our Kings Soopers aka Kroeger for a buck each...but, they only have white...someone bought all the red.....that's o.k.....I have alot....LOL !
    Love your setting , really love those mossy cups !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table! And your menu sounds perfect. I would love an invitation to a holiday luncheon like the one you are hosting! Have fun and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan it's absolutely fantabulous! I must have lost my invitation!!! Those bath salts look so festive! love the whole table girlfriend! You really outdid yourself, if that can be done, and the menu looks wonderful!!! God Bless! Laurlau :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan, WOW...WOW... What a great job you did on this table Love it...
    Merry Christmas
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, beautiful, incredible. The bath salts are too cute, your menu sounds great. In fact that soup sounds pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful and the bath salts is such a cool thing, I like to always give something to remember the evening as well, I loved all the pictures,I am gonna go back and look again...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table looks beautiful and what a delicious menu.

    I just made cheese straws and they were a little 'crisp'. I would love your recipe.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I just adore your table! Although I like all of the new trendy colors for Christmas, red and green will always be my favorite, and you've used these colors so beautifully. I really like all of the candy cand striped candles. I know your guests will have a great time just sitting at this table. Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just love your table! Cute Cute Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty, its not often i get to say i love your balls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You outdid yourself with this one, Susan! I like that you use your dishes throughout the holiday season. That is getting your money's worth!! And you are using bandanas's again~didn't you do that in a tablescape lat summer?? I love that idea!!

    Great job! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tablescape is just beautiful! I love the red and white combination, and the candy cane candles are marvelous! I know your guests will take a memory with them when they leave the table. You have done a beautiful job of creating a place to enjoy fellowship and food in an elegant atmosphere.

    Merry Christmas...God bless!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I really enjoyed your tablescape. You southern ladies really have a lot of style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a festive table! I'm loving all the red and green!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your table is gorgeous, and I didn't even notice the dog gate until you said something because I was admiring your moss ball projects! The menu sounds delish. I wanna come!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is all so pretty! And what is so extra special is that Spode is mixed with Hobby Lobby and Krogers, etc. That makes it all so fun. Your moss balls are festive and add a touch of nature. You guys are going to have fun!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, beautiful!! Love the china also. We use our Christmas china all through December too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Susan, I love your table girl. The moss balls in the martini glasses is a wonderful idea. Love your china. Your luncheon is going to be marvelous..... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Susan, I would be pleased to be a guest at your gorgeous festive table! I ♥ the candy cane candles, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very festive and cheery. The salt & pepper shakers are too cute! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! Those Kroger mugs are perfect to serve your soup.
    The whole table is ...well..so Christmasy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous really fabulous!!
    My fav so far this week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love those mugs. I have the same Spode plates and wish I had the mugs to go with them. Very pretty table and the candy cane candles were fun too.!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is a wonderful tablescape! I love the greenery centerpieces..just beautiful and different.
    Wow! I must go back and check on the moss balls.
    Yikes! I have missed a lot...
    Your blog is WONDERFUL! I think I must follow you! Can I? :)
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! I am impressed!Ceck out my blog if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so festive! I love your creative uses! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Susan, this is such a wonderful table. I wish I'd been at the party! Those bath salts are so clever and pretty, and your wonderful, creative ideas for the centerpiece just knocked my socks off! You are so smart and obviously a fabulous hostess. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fabulous job you did with the tablescape and your menu sounds divine. Hope you had a fun time!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think I've counted three Bonnie's out there today. Susan, I love the martini glasses with the moss. The Cuthbertson Christmas tree pattern is my favorite because I like the touch of blue and most especially the star on top of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a beautiful table! Something about the balance of color and shape catches my eye and I feel like I could look at it all day. Thank you so much for sharing the inspiring pictures of your table.

    ReplyDelete