Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
It seems the one metamorphosis I cannot manage is to turn this picture! Oh well, I am learning slowly but surely and appreciate your tolerance. Now visit our hostess Susan at http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ Thanks Susan!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Cucumber Sandwich Spread
1 large cucumber, peeled and grated
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon grated onion
4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
Mix vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and onion together. Soak cucumber pulp in vinegar mixture for fifteen minutes and drain well. Mix softened cream cheese and cucumber. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Linda's Irish Cream Liqueur
Monday, March 9, 2009
Happy 50th Birthday Barbie
If you are reading this, chances are good that at some time in your life you have played with or bought a Barbie doll. Millions of us have dressed and fantasized with these little beauties for the last fifty years. Here are a few interesting facts to help you celebrate her big day:
- Barbie, introduced in 1959, was the dream doll conceived by Ruth Handler, wife of the cofounder of Mattel.
- Her full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- She is named after Ruth Handler's daughter.
- Barbie has four sisters: Skipper, Stacie, Kelly, and Krissy.
- Ken was introduced in 1961 and is named after the Handler's son.
- Barbie and Ken broke up on February 14, 2001 after forty years. (I never did like him anyway)
- Andy Warhol was commissioned in 1986 to do a portrait of Barbie.
- Barbie is from the fictional town of Willow, Wisconsin. (That explains the accent)
- Teacher Barbie, introduced in 1989, was met with controversy because she wasn't wearing any panties (an oversight, I'm sure)
- Francie, introduced in 1967, was the first African American Barbie.
- A Barbie sporting a nose ring and ankle tattoo was introduced in 1999. She was not a hit. (duh)
- And finally, if you owned one of the original $3.00 1959 Barbies in mint condition you would have a doll worth over $27,000.00!!!
I just couldn't let this icon who has meant so much to so many of us go by without recognition!! Happy Birthday and happy memories!!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
hiddenpromises.blogspot.com/. She is so gracious and I appreciate it so much. I am passing it along to the first people who commented on my blog, because their comments meant so much to me and gave me the encouragement I needed.
- Sheila at http://notesongs.blogspot.com/
- Linda at http://Ninasnest.blogspot.com/
- Rose at http://santamakersjourney.blogspot.com/
- Judy at http://dishingondecor.blogspot.com/
- Butterball at http://abutterworld.blogspot.com/
- Denise at koffordsincolorado.blosgspot.com/
- Lynne at http://lynnesgiftsfromtheheart.blogspot.com/
- Carol at meadowstreetdays.blogspot.com/