Our dear friend and hostess Michael has invited us to share trainwreck food stories this Friday. While most of mine involve burned bread, forgotten ingredients, or temperamental yeast I would like to share one almost-tragedy with you. Several years ago I was making chocolate icing for a cake to take to Beloved's company picnic. The icing, according to the directions, was to be made in a double boiler. I could not find mine that day and resourceful girl that I am, I decided to use two pots stacked one on top of the other. Bad idea! Let me say that again---very bad idea! The two pots formed a seal very similar to a pressure cooker and quite literally BLEW UP! I happened to be "stirring constantly" when this happened. Chocolate and scalding water blew up in my face and onto the ceiling. I received third degree burns down my arm and upper face (really in my hairline, thank goodness!). My burns, though painful, eventually healed. The ceiling was sealed and repainted several times. We no longer live in that house, but had the occasion to visit it not long ago. And no, you might not see them, but I do....those brown spots on the ceiling. So my trainwreck story is really a cautionary tale. Do not improvise when it comes to double boilers! Okay, now I bet somebody else has something fun to share and not this old tale of woe. Join them by clicking on the Foodie Friday button...and buy yourself a double boiler!