Saturday, October 30, 2010

I am so happy to be joing Chari at Happy to Design for Sunday Favorites! I posted this last October. I hope you enjoy it and have a safe and happy Halloween!









What goes together better than “trick” and “treat”? Tablescape Thursday and Foodie Friday of course! Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and Michael at Designs by Gollum are our gracious hostesses once again. Their buttons are on my sidebar for easy transportation. Thank you ladies for our weekly feast for the eyes and palate!

CIMG0490

There is nothing better for a crisp October night than sharing a casual meal with good friends. Tonight we are having green salad, chili, and Mexican cornbread muffins. It’s all casual from the menu to the fun and easy table setting.

CIMG0493

No sissy sized bowls for Beloved. He likes a big bowl of chili and these large hand painted bowls from Corsica will do the trick. The soup tureen was found at a garage sale by Lauralu at Hidden Promise. She did not want it and sold it to me-- garage sale prices without the early Saturday morning shopping! The “napkins” are cotton tea towels from Dollar Tree.

CIMG0494

Mexican cornbread muffins “shrouded” in a cute wire basket. Stemmed black cauldrons for witches’ brew.CIMG0498

Cupcakes make an easy and fun dessert. Mary at One Perfect Bite recently posted a recipe for these delicious pumpkin cupcakes with maple cream frosting here. I think they might be one of our new favorites. And now, I am going to share with you what Oprah calls an “Aha! moment”. See those cute spider webs on the cupcakes?

CIMG0482

This is how that spider web starts out—three circles made with black Wilton Sparkle Gel. Next, start at the center and drag a toothpick through to the last circle—instant spider web! Top with the plastic critter of your choice!

Recipe%20Party

I am also joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for her Recipe Party. Here’s how I make Mexican Cornbread Muffins:

Mix one and 1/2 cups self rising corn meal, one medium onion,chopped; one half green pepper, chopped; one jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped; one (15 1/4 can whole kernel corn, drained; one teaspoon sugar; 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese; two eggs, and one cup of buttermilk. Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about twenty minutes.

Thank you Susan, Michael, and Rhoda! Bone Appetit!

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Susan!! I always wondered how they made the spider webs on cupcakes and cookies!! And I will definitely try the recipe!! I hope you have a frightful Halloween!! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun table, I'm lovin' your black glasses! Happy Halloween to you too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your Halloween table setting. Chili and cornbread sounds good. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    what a lovely table! The glassware and the beautiful stand that the spooky cupcakes are sitting on is really pretty. Chili with cornbread sounds so tasty!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember if I have seen this before Susan, but it is beautiful. I especially like the tureen...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan...

    My friend, I'm so glad that you revisited this fabulous post for Sunday Favorites...I missed it the first time! Well dear lady, your halloween tablescape is just beautiful...sooo much fun and very festive! Ohhh...and your menu sounds delicious...chili...one of my favorites! I do love your pretty soup tureen! It's been awhile since I've heard from Laura...I do hope that she is doing well! I sure do miss her!

    Thank you so much for joining in with the fun of Sunday Favorites this week, sweet lady! Great post!!!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous Fall tablescape! the cupcakes look adorable and yummy!
    Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love all the great ideas, will have to remember them for next year. Love you pumpkins in the post below as well. And congrats to you and your kiddo on the engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trick or treat. Fun table and the menu is very tempting. It was nice to see you again too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gloria,

    Loved seeing your wonderful table, everything looks so bright with all the orange.
    The cupcakes look yummy.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. decorating the corn muffins...ok...
    that is so out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and lovely setting. My fave is the candy corn with the candles! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete