Tomorrow is our anniversary. We met in seventh grade homeroom by luck of the alphabet. His friends assured me he had only two interests: hunting and football. I said, “we’ll see”. We started going steady at the class picnic that year :). We shared junior high, high school and college. We listened to Johnny Rivers and the Beegees. We slow danced to a “Whiter Shade of Pale”. He gave me his class ring, his fraternity pin, and finally……
This was taken in college about two weeks before Beloved proposed…..we both had BIG hair. See that smile on my face….I think I knew it was coming. I’d known since forever.
Ring on the finger; beard off the face :). And while a lot has changed over the years, these are the things I love….my favorite things.
Ten Things I Love
1. I love that he knows I hate being given red roses; I think it shows a lack of imagination.
2. I love that he thinks that last eight pounds I’ve gained went to all the right places :)
3. I love that people think we’re second-time-around newlyweds because he always refers to me as “my lovely bride”.
4. I love that he sometimes whispers naughty things in inappropriate places.
5. I love that he knows and has shared my past; that I’m not sure where he stops and I start.
6. I love that he is both a gentleman and a gentle man.
7. I love that he knows when to talk, when to listen, and when silence is enough.
8. I love that he makes me laugh and that I still make him laugh… a lot.
9. I love that he’s seen me at my worst and loved me in spite of it.
10. I love that he made sacred promises, said “I do”, that he did and he does.
I am joining Laurie for A Few of My Favorite Things. Her party is on Saturday, but I couldn’t wait. Join her here on Saturday! Thanks for letting me reflect out loud!