Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Induction Cupcakes :)

Well, our daughter’s due date has come and gone…..Once again I am reminded that God has every detail planned and His timing is perfect even if it is not our timing. BUT the mom-to-be is having last minute cravings—chocolate and peanut butter to be exact. Sooo






CIMG3663






I whipped up a quick version of chocolate peanut butter cupcakes using mix for the cupcakes and the Barefoot Contessa’s frosting recipe. I used Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Fudge mix—there’s no such thing as too much chocolate when you are nine plus months pregnant! A few chopped peanuts garnish and add hint of salt to the icing.






CIMG3664






This morning I sent her an email and a picture of the cupcakes:






To the Little One






You Are Cordially Invited






to






A Birthday Celebration






You supply the birthday; I’ll supply the cupcakes :)






I’m not sure if she was amused, but she’s coming to pick up the cupcakes :)






Ina’s Peanut Butter Frosting






1 cup confectioners’ sugar






1 cup creamy peanut butter






5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature






3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract






1/4 teaspoon kosher salt






1/3 cup heavy cream






Place confectioners’ sugar, butter, peanut butter and vanilla in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium- low speed until creamy, scraping down scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.






note: I love my Kitchen-Aid, but I am sure this could be done with an electric hand mixer as well! These would be great for the 4th of July--what's more American than peanut butter and chocolate?






I am linking to Cupcake Tuesday at Hoosier Homemade. Drop by for some great recipes and Fourth of July inspiration! Be sure to join our friend Michael Lee West at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday! Click on her button on the sidebar! Thanks ladies!






Thanks for stopping by! I’ll keep you posted on when the Little One arrives!

15 comments:

  1. They look yummy - Thanks for sharing the recipe. Yes, when you are past the due date, it is ok to have chocolate and peanut butter. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm craving these now and I'm not nearly pregnant! Delicious, Susan. Best wishes to the mom to be!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I love peanutbutter. yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,

    The cupcakes look delicious and funny how you have cravings when pregnant.
    Best wishes to your family and hope the baby arrives safely and soon.

    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing is very amusing in the summer when you are so ready to deliver! Those are yummy cupcakes and I hope she delivers soon. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Here's hoping the cupcakes will help!
    Thanks for joining us for Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very yummy.

    Hope all goes well, and soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I was coming over here to see pictures of your new grandson. I know your daughter is SO ready to have this baby. Those cupcakes look delicious,and I'm sure she enjoyed them. I will keep y'all in my prayers. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Congrats to you and your soon-to-be grandbaby!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just might have to make these for myself, I'm due in 3 weeks and desperately hoping the baby comes sooner!

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/30/4th-july-dessert-lemon-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy recipes ! that's delicious look and awesome posting .

    ReplyDelete
  12. what is sweet sharing . yummy cupcakes and looking good.

    ReplyDelete